Do you have an uneven skin tone? Has your skin darkened either due to sun damage or excessive use of chemical beauty products? Many people think that it is nearly impossible to change the skin tone which is both true and false. While our natural skin tone is difficult to be changed, you can alter the changes that occurred due to other factors such as UV rays damage, overuse of chemical-based skin care products, poor dietary and lifestyle habits, oxidative stress, etc. Natural remedies are meant to aid the problem leaving any side-effects behind. Olive oil is one such natural ingredient that can help you in lightening your dark skin.
How Do Skin-Lightening Products Work?
Skin-lightening formulas work by:
- Reducing pigmentation: There is a pigment named ‘Melanin’ in the skin which is responsible for skin tone. Increases production of melanin increases darkness in the tone. The skin-lightening or skin-brightening products work to reduce the production of melanin.
- Exfoliating the skin: Sometimes, darkening is due to the layer of dead cells on the skin. These either occur due to tanning or just skin damaged by aging. The skin-lightening agents help in exfoliating the dermal layer.
- Sunblock: These products contain titanium oxide and zinc oxide which are great agents to prevent tanning and reducing the exposure to UV radiation.
Olive Oil for Skin Care
Just as good it to add olive oil to your diet, its direct application on the skin has some amazing benefits too. These pointers show how olive oil helps in skin-lightening:
- Research says that olive oil application can block almost 20 percent UV rays from damaging the skin.
- Olive oil increases the concentration of sun-blocking protein in the skin.
- Olive oil has Squalene which is a natural fat that protects against the skin-damaging factors.
- Olive oil has a high percentage of antioxidants which reduces oxidative stress.